Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Old City

Walking tour of the Old City todayyyy! Here's some cool pics of the tour I wasn't supposed to take...

Outer wall by Jaffa gate

Street markets inside the Old City 

View of the city and Dome of the Rock!

Church of the Holy Sepulchre 

Bar Mitzvah festivities

Woah. First day and I already feel like I've had the time of my life! It's so cool to think that I get to explore Jerusalem and the Old City for the next few months. I saw so much history and so much religious devotion. We went inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and saw where the Catholics believe Christ was resurrected. The reverence people had for that place was awe inspiring. 

It's bedtime here. Still suffering from some major jet lag. Enjoy this Jerusalem sunset and keep your eyes open for my next blog post this weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment