Friday, September 19, 2014

Service and Dean's Day

We did service today! Today was the second time we went to the underground parking garage at the JC to put school supply kits together for elementary school kids in the area. It's kinda fun to get to do service while we're out here!
With Ava, Dru, Clara, and Catherine
Sealing a school supply packet.

And here with Micah, Mackenzie, Mackenzie, Katherine, and Ashley!

I promise I was working hard - I wasn't just taking pictures with everyone there the whole time...

Also, maybe we had a dance party afterwards...

So, another thing happened today. 
Today is Dean's birthday. He told a few of us today at lunch that he grew up with four sisters and had to go with his parents to all of their extracurricular activities. When his mom felt like he had been a particularly good sport, she declared a Dean's Day, and rewarded him with toys or ice cream! I grew up with six sisters and I never got a Trevor's Day... Probably because it just doesn't have the same ring to it haha. 

So, I've decided I'm going to start celebrating Dean's Day. Whenever I need a pick me up, or have been a good sport despite difficult circumstances, I'm gonna treat myself :) I pretty much already do that but now I finally have an official name for it haha. And whenever someone close to me needs a little reward for their hard work, I'm gonna drop a Dean's Day on 'em!

By the way, the best thing about Dean's Day is that you can celebrate it as many times a year as you want... just make sure you include it in your budget :)

1 comment:

  1. How about a "T.J. Day?" It flows a little better!

    ReplyDelete