Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I'M IN JERUSALEM!

I CAN SEE THE DOME OF THE ROCK FROM MY ROOM! 


This place is incredible. I have to admit, I didn't truly get excited to be going to school in Jerusalem until I got off the bus that picked us up from the airport and walked into the beautiful facility I'll be living in. 



The flights were long and I didn't sleep much. I was convinced when they told us we'd be up at 4am because of jet lag that I would be the exception since I was soooo tired. I went straight to bed after dinner, orientation, and the tour without unpacking. But sure enough, I was wide awake by 4:30am and finished unpacking before breakfast today at 6:30am. 

They asked us in orientation why we came. I want to think about that this week. There are many reasons I can think of off the top of my head. To walk where Jesus walked. To see places I've heard of my entire life. To grow spiritually. To take advantage of an opportunity only offered by BYU. I think there's more though. I'll let you know what I come up with this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment